Migrate to Canada as a teacher, see how

The Canadian government do not want to have a shortage of teachers, they are interested in bringing in qualified teachers to cover areas where there are vacancies, are you qualified and ready to take up teaching jobs in Canada? One good way to come to Canada to teach is by the Canada Federal express entry.


Various provinces need teachers and pathways have been created to meet that need. Provincial nominee program and Occupation in-demand are available streams to immigrate to Canada as a teacher.

There are two main processes of migrating to Canada as a teacher, the first process requires you to obtain an employment offer and the second is going through occupation in-demand stream which requires no prior job offer. Not all provinces use the occupation in-demand stream.


If you have obtained an employment offer, then you need to follow the following steps:

  1. Create an Express Entry Profile with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  2. Meet all the requirements such as age, language ability, education, work experience, etc with your employment offer, you are sure to get a high score for nomination. Find out how the express entry system works here.
  3. Your profile will be added to a pool once it is successfully created, and subsequently, you will have to apply or submit an Expression of interest to a province to show your interest, and if you are eligible, you will receive an invitation to apply from the province you showed your interest.

The Occupation in-demand procedure
The Occupation in-demand is not entirely a different procedure, except this time the job offer requirement is not necessary. Once there is a vacancy for a job and the Canadian government is looking to fill out the position, the occupation will be in demand for a suitable applicant. And if you meet the requirement for that position then you are sure to get it.


You will need to create an express entry profile, and then find out if you meet the requirements for the teaching jobs or profession that are In-demand. Then apply for immigration through the Occupation In-demand stream.

Please note here that if you go through OID, you need to provide proof of funds showing you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you look for a job in Canada after moving there.